About Colin Gossage
founder of IVTA Service
Colin had a classic engineering apprenticeship with a government repair workshops, staying with them for thirteen years. Much of this was spent inspecting and testing a wide range of heavy, light and special purpose vehicles and equipments.
He then moved on to the Department of Transport as Technical Officer and Enforcement Vehicle Examiner, spending seven years in the Merseyside and North Wales enforcement area.
He was then invited to take the post of Engineering Manager and CPC holder for a large deregulated bus company, widening his knowledge of private sector vehicle operations. After a successful five year period he returned to the DoT which was now the Vehicle Inspectorate. He performed the roll of Senior Vehicle Examiner for the Grater Manchester and Derbyshire area.
In 2005, he was invited to take part in the MOT Computerisation Project as Expert User/Service Desk Manager. This entailed supporting test centres through the project roll out period. Gaining qualifications in software testing, he performed the roll of Systems Test Team manger.
He then completed a period of work with the MOT Computerisation contractor, Siemens IT Solutions at their facilities in India. Shortly after returning to the UK, he decided to leave VOSA and operate a private consultancy, providing services to transport and testing bodies.
He has recently and successfully completed a consultation period with Bureau Veritas (Government Services and Overseas Trade). This entailed constructing and operating a VOSA style enforcement service on behalf of (DOE) Republic of Ireland Road Safety Authority (RSA).
IVTA Services is now providing audit services to BUSK-UK.
What does BUSK do?BUSK works to promote safe child road transport throughout the UK and specialises in all aspects of home to school transport, school trips in the UK and school visits abroad.
Technical skills in engineering and test standards.
- Supervision of Quality Control systems and operatives.
- Audit of testing records and maintenance systems.
- Post collision examination and evaluation of results.
- Disciplinary case defence preparation.
- Road Traffic prosecution case presentation.
- User acceptance testing. (Software systems).
- Vehicle examination PSV, HGV and light vehicle.
- City and Guilds Technical certificate motor vehicle.
- National Craftsman certificate.
- I.S.E.B certificate in software testing.
- Acquired Certificate of Professional Competence in Passenger Transport.
Colin is member of
- The Institute of Road Transport Engineers (MIRTE).
- The Society of Operating Engineers (MSOE).
- SOE Engineering Technician. (Eng Tech)
- Associate Member of the British Computer Society.